Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Seems too Easy!

So last week when I stated that we only needed that last page of our home study signed and notarized for our dossier was not quite accurate! Yep, it just seemed too easy!
But of course, yes, another set back! God is really testing my patience!! Yes, I hear you Lord! Loud and clear! It's not my time....but why not? I have to keep telling myself that He is in complete control! He will not forsaken me!
You might wonder, what are we waiting on now? Yet again, another oops on our sweet social worker's part! She was unaware (?) that she needed to send a notarized Certified Copy of Original form with her agency's license and her license. I was all set to send our dossier (pretty much as sacred as breast milk...sorry men, it's true!) to our agency on Friday after I went to get our paper's apostilled at the Secretary of States office. Apostilling is pretty much a notary to notarize your notary (such an un-trusting world)! Russia requires EVERY page that is notarized to be apostilled. What's amusing about that is each page is about $10 to apostille. We have probably 30 pages to apostille! The good part about this is the maximum amount they charge is $100! Wow! We finally will catch a break with the financing part of our adoption...the ONLY break!
I'm choosing to see the good in this situation. 1. We live in Austin so apostilling our documents will be a far easier task than if we lived anywhere else in Texas. 2. We catch a break with the money aspect of it all (I'm stretching here!). 3. It's allowing me to put complete faith and trust in our Father who, "in all things, (God)works for the good, of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."Romans 8:28 Ahh! Yes, rest in that Kirsten!!!!!
Now, if my heart will just really soak that in!!
We have asked our social worker to over-night the documents, but aren't holding our breath that it will be here before Wednesday :(.
On another positive note, we did send off our i-600 form to USCIS on Friday. It's so relieving to have just another set of documents out of our hands...along with some more money, of course.
'Till next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love u guys... LORD seems to be everyone in our family a msg. About patience. Btw how do u link your blog posts to fb?

    ReplyDelete