Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Thursday, June 23, 2011

One More Month, Maybe?

So after numerous emails with our family coordinator at our agency this week, I finally got some answers. Poor Johnna, she probably dreaded going to her inbox everyday! She was so sweet! She actually talked to Dr. Dubrovsky today about us. I told Scott persistence pays off! Oh, and I made a promise to our bible study group that I would only email her once every two weeks. Well, I did make it two weeks, but after her initial response email, I had to push for more info! But thanks, ladies for praying!
So what I'm gathering is that all these families before us (not necessarily from our agency) accepted Eurasian girls that came up for adoption. Since we said we would accept a Caucasian or Eurasian, it would make our process go quicker (not knowing these other families before us would accept a Eurasian as well). So those batch of referrals are gone and obviously not meant for our family! We ARE, however, the "next up in line"!!!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited! It doesn't necessarily mean we will get a Eurasian. We are just up next in line for whoever is meant for our family! I don't care if she's green with blue hair...just get her to us now!!!
Now, since they just sent out a bunch of referrals, this referral could come sometime within the next month. OK, a month I think I can handle!
Johnna said she is expecting us to leave on our first trip 2-3 weeks after a referral which she is expecting will be the beginning or middle of August! Right when school starts, I'm sure!
I'm happy either way, I know God's timing is right and that He has a specific baby girl in mind for us. One tough little girl, for sure!!!
Keep praying for her and that we will get this referral quickly....within the next month!!!
Oh, and on an exciting note: our good friends, The Livermans, received their referral from Ethiopia last week! He is so cute and has such kissable lips! Love seeing how God is working in the lives of these orphans! Such an amazing journey! We can't wait to meet him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment