Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Krasnoyarsk or Bust!

It was confirmed today that our dossier was sent to Krasnoyarsk! We're headed to Siberia! Yes, I know, I didn't want to go here...but you know what? It's not up to me! Ultimately it is ALL in God's hands! So, I'm just going to be OK with going to Siberia! I've heard it is really pretty there...assuming we go during the summertime. It is actually very likely that we will get our referral by this spring, and possibly be traveling during the summer! Our family coordinator seemed to think it would be 6-9 months. Although, no one can pinpoint an actual date that we will get our referral! All I know, is that she could be born right now! Yay! So exciting to think that our daughter has made her entrance into this world already! And yet, it so sad to think I can't tell her, "Mommy and Daddy are coming for you!"
I want to see her newborn picture, but I won't. I want to feed her first bottle, but I won't. I want to change her first black tarry poopy diaper (yuck I know), but I won't. I want to hear her first cry, but I won't. But what I want isn't what God is telling me I NEED! He is telling me that this child, HIS child, will want no more, because He has chosen her for us! I know that through all of this "wanting" there is a much greater need. The need to be loved unconditionally without seeing her face. The need to provide shelter and comfort when she has none. The need to say, "I love you." Isn't that what He is telling us? It makes the term adoption so much more real, when we realize we are adopted into His kingdom. Then we will be home forever...wanting for nothing more!
So, I ask you to please pray for her safety! Pray for the care of our dossier as it is being translated right now. Please pray that God's hand will be upon it and the man translating it. Of course, pray for a speedy referral:) (yes, this one is a bit selfish). Pray we will seek God's face during our wait, because it is now out of our hands!
We will be receiving a packet in the mail this week for more paper work (ugh) that our "region" requires!
Thanks so much for listening and praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment