Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 1-I think?

Well we made it to Moscow at about 10:30 am (Moscow time) with a fairly uneventful plain ride...which is a good thing! You definitely know you are in Russia, or getting near Russia when the aroma of b.o. permeates the nasal passage!! Ugh! Scott and I really don't understand how they can't smell themselves. I mean, why even shower??? What's the purpose?

We got about 7 hours sleep and just ate dinner (yes, we ATE...club sandwich) and it was actually good! Pray we don't get sick.

We are staying at the Marriot Renaissance Moscow for the night and will leave here tomorrow at noon to get our physicals done. Should be interesting!

Then our plane leaves tomorrow night at 9:45 for our dreaded "overnight" flight to Kras. Have to say, I can't get there soon enough!!!

Next time I complain about the traffic in Austin, just say, "Moscow", and I will be chill! Seriously, I have never seen traffic like this. Take I35 and put stoplights on it during rush hour. It took us an hour and a half to go about 30 miles. Unreal!

So, I am greatful and blessed to live in Austin with such glorious traffic:)

Anyways, we are off to sleep, again!

1 comment: