Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 1 (well, techinically day 2)

We arrived in Krasnoyarsk yesterday morning about 7:00 am local time. Our flight was, to say the least, HORRIBLE! I've never been so cramped into on space in my life! The aroma of B.O. was enough to make me want to jump our the window! People say I have a very sensitive sense of smell...and I do, which at times like this doesn't benefit me AT ALL!


Scott and me on the plane ride!


Aside from the plane ride, we are trying to get comfortable here in the apartment! From the outside, it looks like a typical run down old communist-era apartment! On the inside it is VERY nice. Scott's pretty impressed with the tile work! Of course, only man I know to notice the tile everywhere we go!




We ventured out yesterday after our 6 hour nap, to Subway! Yay, I thought, something of home! NNNNOOOO!! Scott and I took one bite of our sandwich and began to gag...literally! That was NOT mustard, and I don't think that was ham either! So we ventured over to the "grocery store" and got lost. Luckily, and I think God had a BIG part in this, we received a call from our driver asking us where we were. They just happened to be around the corner (whew!). They led us to the grocery store and helped us pick out a few things. Honestly, I am not sure how people here aren't sick all the time! Everything was either expired, or about to be! We bought some cereal, chips, pasta and bread. Even the pasta tastes different here! It's crazy!

So after that we came back and watched some movies and cooked our "dinner" and tried to sleep! I think Scott slept well. I had a hard time sleeping! I kept thinking about our kids at home and the one we are about to meet!

We leave here at 10:15 this morning to go to the Ministry of Education and formally ask to see M. You can be praying for us then too since we have to answer some questions. Hope we don't offend anyone with any humor we might throw in! (The Russians are very serious people). After that we will drive an hour to the orphanage and meet her! Finally, the moment we have been waiting for for so long is almost here!

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy this day has finally come and that we are about to meet our daughter. We've prayed for this day for a long time. This is what we WANT to do and what we are CALLED to do. To , "care for the orphans...in their distress. " James 1:27. I believe that God has His hand in all of this and when we first got here, I will admit, I had doubts. I doubted God that this is what we were supposed to do! It was such a horrible feeling! I know WHO was putting this in my head! Satan does NOT want us here and does NOT want to see another child go into a loving Christian home! I had my tears and my melt down (and I'm not saying there won't be more) and I think that at times like that it draws you closer to God. I'm asking him to hold us in His arms extra tight today and the rest of our journey. I'm asking him to hold our boys extra tight as well. After skyping them last night and seeing Brady cry when we got off the phone just killed me! I had his sweet face in my head all night. I have never ached more for my boys than I do now! I can take that two ways. 1. That this is the wrong thing to do and that being away from my boys is horrible. Or 2. That God has given us the best family and that we should be honored to have Him loan us such wonderful boys that we DO miss them like crazy and this family is only going to get bigger!

I choose #2!

Please keep us in your prayers. I might blog again later today since there is NOTHING to do here in the rain!


View of Kras on our way in!


Love to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Will keep you in our prayers! What a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete