Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One More Day!

Attention: PRAYERS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED!!!

The packing is almost done, the kids are almost squared away for next week, the groceries have been bought, the "to-do" list for the grandparents has been typed, the toys have been bought, photo album made, hose have been bought (yes, I have to wear hose...haven't done that in like 10 years), cameras have been charged, fans are fully stocked with batteries (yes, we NEED fans to sleep), every imaginable "travel" trinket is stored in it's rightful spot in our carry on...and here come the tears!

If you don't know my husband and I very well, then you don't know how TERRIFIED airplane travelers we are! To the point of having to fully stock up on Xanax and Dramamine! The nerves have finally settled in the pit of my stomach and tonight I received a sweet email at the most perfect time!

Scott left for work this morning at 3 am because he said his mind was going 90 miles a minute. Then when he arrived at 7 this evening, he felt sick and had to go to bed! So naturally, after I put this kids to bed, I began to cry because I DO NOT function well without Bud! I went to my computer to finish downloading 4 years of photos off our computer (I know, why did I choose now to do this?) An email popped up and it read, "Praying for and loving you and Scott. Just remember, Jesus is walking with you every step of the way. I love the OT references where it talks about God going before us, as well as coming in behind us, and hemming us in! What a picture of His tender care of us. All will be well….live in the moment – remember it all to tell your sweet daughter one day! We are eagerly waiting on this end for you to come home and tell us all about it! "

How did she know I needed that! Instead of freaking out about what shoes to wear when it is raining EVERYDAY we are there and every other worry that is going through my brain! I needed to, "be still, and know that He is God." I have posted this verse before, but lately I have been going nonstop and have forgotten to be still and just listen to what God is telling me!

I'm listening, God!!!!

So, with all that said, we would COVET your prayers right now! We need to be showered with God's crazy peace that only He can give. Please pray for Scott! He is so worried about work and how things will operate while he is away! I know it's in good hands, but when you have a husband that is a bit of a work horse, it leaves doubts in his head. Pray for that little head:)

Also, please pray for our kids and our parents who are caring for them while we are gone. I know everything will be fine, but pray they all stay healthy and there will be no tears from our kids for Mommy and Daddy during the week! That goes for our parents too!

Our plane leaves at 6:45 am Friday morning. We will fly to Atlanta and have a 5 hour layover before we get on a 10 1/2 hour plane ride to Moscow. Once in Moscow, we have a 10 hour layover so we have taken the advice of many other Russian adoptive parents and gotten a hotel room to rest and shower up before our "over night" flight to Krasnoyarsk. Our plane that night (Saturday night, Moscow time) at 9:45 departs for a 4 1/2 hour flight. Since it is a 4 hour time difference, we arrive in Krasnoyarsk Sunday morning at 7:00 am. Yeah, can you say NO sleep!!

Once in Kras, we will have all day Sunday to get our bearings together before we go to the Ministry of Education Monday and hopefully off to see our little princess!

I'm sure I'll blog more once we land in Moscow. I'm hoping to blog all good things!

Oh, and be in prayer for Hurricane Irene to sssllloooowwww down! I'd hate to get delayed in Atlanta!!


3 comments:

  1. I have a big lump in my throat with emotions and excitement for what the next week holds for you and Scott as you look forward to seeing your daughter! I have really enjoyed reading on your blog about all that has taken place the last few months. I look forward to seeing your little daughter's picture here! I will be praying for all your requests. Love from Don and me and the Scherden family here in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be great. I'll be praying too.

    ReplyDelete