Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Monday, August 29, 2011

We Meet At Last!

Be still, my beating heart! Oh my goodness, we met an angel today!

After our MOE appointment, which went really well, we ventured to the orphanage which is an hour away. The drive was beautiful. Once we were outside of Krasnoyarsk, we drove through beautiful countryside with rolling green hills. We passed through a few small towns and eventually came to Sosnovoborsk. The buildings were all run down and I have to admit I was a bit terrified to get out of the car! The driveway to this orphanage was down an alley. But once we stepped inside we were pleasantly surprised! It was really clean and it looked like it had been redone a little bit.



The view on the way to the orphanage.


Once we walked inside, they made us put booties on our shoes. Of course with my heals, I tore a hole in mine within the first few steps. Not sure why they do that because once you get into the "meeting room" you can go barefoot!

We were then led to the orphanage director's office. We were told by our translator that last year the director, Galina, won an award for running one of the nicest orphanages in Russia! Impressive! She was a very nice woman who asked what everyone else had been asking us, "why do we want to adopt if we already have 3 boys?" It's hard to answer those questions because were aren't supposed to talk about God. So we wing it and it gets a big smile and a "da, da." I guess she's happy with our answer!

We were then led to the "meeting room". We aren't allowed any where else in the orphanage yet. The room was a very large (HOT) room with really great toys! It almost looked like Gymboree! I was so surprised!

We were caught off guard and not ready with all the cameras when this little, I mean little, sweet peanut was carried into the room. We didn't know she was coming yet! The caregiver dropped her off in the middle of the room and took off. We didn't know if M was about to cry but she turned around and walked out the door! It was adorable. I chased after he and picked her up, fully expecting her to scream and arch her back like a normal baby would but she just looked up at me and stayed so still and calm while we fussed over her. Ah, words can't express how I felt! I think I had a few tears, but mainly I was so overjoyed that during the entire 2 hours, we never heard her cry or even act like we were strangers. She is PRECIOUS!!!! Hair and skin as white as snow with rosy red lips! Oh, and she has the most adorable teeth!!! Really, adorable!

She followed Scott all around the room. When he went out the door to wash his hands she looked all over for him. At one point, she ran up and hugged his leg! Her favorite thing to do was mimic us and slide! She would get you to try to copy what she did and when you stopped, she would put her hand on yours and get you to do it again. I think she went down the slide 100 times...and out came the laugh! Her giggle is infectious! Did I mention the dimple she has in her left cheek! Oh my goodnes, we are in trouble!



Look at her little feet!!

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and ALL of our expectations were met...and then some! I just have one thing to say. THANK YOU, GOD!!!!

We can't show her picture because she isn't legally ours, but today the official court process began (so they said)!

Thank you for all your prayers. We were definitley feeling them!

In front of the orphanage.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, precious! Sounds like an amazing day! Can't wait to see her in your arms!!! Love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! So happy for yall and her!

    ReplyDelete