Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back in Kras-Day3

Our plane ride from Moscow to Krasnoyarsk landed at about 9:00 am (however, we lost 5 more hours so we had been up for about 25 hours before we caught some sleep in the apartment! So tired. How can just sitting make you that sleepy?

So we were told no visiting the orphanage on the weekend...bummer! However, Yelena and Serge came and told us that they will allow us to go see her tomorrow!!!! Yay! Can't wait to see her again. When I get so frustrated at this whole process and the pushy people and the smells, I just think of her smiling face and ALL of this is for her! We have lots of stories to tell her when she gets older. Particularly the one about Scott at the doctors office. Sorry, had to laugh about that again!!

Thanks for the prayers, we felt them on the plane ride. I don't know if there are some sort of funky air pockets between here and Kras but the plane ride was very bumpy. However, neither Scott nor I felt sick. Actually a funny peace came over me. I did, however, have to listen to a lot of Jeremy Camp!! Praise music usually calms me down. Quick story about how God speaks to us: It was during one of the bumpy times and I was getting a little nervous (Scott was sound asleep, thanks to his new drugs:)),and I was listening to a song about asking God to "speak to me" and no lie, I saw 2 HUGE shooting stars out the airplane window. I actually started laughing to myself! He does speak to us, we just need to be willing to listen. I am a nervous flyer for those of you who don't know me well, and well, let's just say, I get a little crazy when I realize I'm thousands of feet in the air, able to touch the clouds. All my limbs go numb and I feel nauseous! Yuck, actually! However, I was able to hear God "speak to me" through something as brilliant as a shooting star! I know I might be stretching a little here but knowing I'm in the "darkness" and able to see a little "light" brings me back to place where faith takes control over me, rather than fear.

It's a lot like this whole adoption journey. We are going into this whole heartedly by faith alone! We know we are not alone in this journey and when the paperwork and the smelly b.o. and the language barrier get in the way, it's easy to forgot you are not alone. God is paving this way for us to become closer to Him-I really believe that! I don't know how people get through life without the help and love of God, really! God is MY refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble!!! I just foret sometimes...which I hate!

We just finished our dinner of pasta and about to go back to sleep again!

Can't wait to share stories of little M tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Kirsten! That gave me chills. I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I should have packed you some Febreeze, sounds like! Take care xoxox

    ReplyDelete