Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Monday, October 17, 2011

Gotcha Day!

We are just getting settled in...and it's almost 10 pm! We ended up getting Sophie later than we anticipatd. Yelena said the judge was really busy today and she finally got the OK for us to go get her around 5. Luckily, I think she remembered us. There were no tears and she walked into my arms, until her careworker turned around to give her a bye hug and kiss. Cue the tears! Fortunatley they lasted about 10 seconds and she really hasn't cried since.

We were told that the care ride usually causes the kids to either cry or vomit! She did neither! She actually laughed at every bump we went over and if you've ever been on the roads in Russia, you know that she laughed a lot! She has such personality! She flirted with me the whole way back. I even taught her her first American word-flower! Really, ask Serge! When Scott and Yelena went into the grocery store to get food for her, she kept pointing at the flowers on her shoes. So I saw this as a lesson and sure enough, she says, "flower"!!!

We've fed and bathed her and she's exploring like any 19 month old does! I forgot how active they are at this age. She's everywhere! We have got to get out of here soon!!! Only 1 1/2 more days, then on to Moscow.

I'll post more pics tomorrow. Need to get some sleep. Hopefully she sleeps. Start praying!

Here she is:

Sophie Marina Boyd
DOB-March 8, 2010





2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for the past couple weeks. Saw this post and just had to wish you guys a huge CONGRATULATIONS! My husband and I are JUST starting the process and this is so encouraging to read. Happy "Gotcha" Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. She is insanely cute! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete