Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Day After...

Crazy baby!!! Who, me?

Well, I'm knocking on wood right now, but I think we have a good baby! She slept this morning until 9 am when I woke her up! I know, never wake a sleeping baby, but we thought it would be best to wake her up instead of her waking up in a strange place, crying! She isn't one of those babies, (or adults, like myself) who are still sleepy and cuddly in the morning. She was ready to go! That girl has more energy than anyone of our boys ever had! It's fun though seeing her explore new things and get so excited. She is such a happy girl. There is a smile on her face pretty much all the time, or that cute little flirty grin where she scrunches up her nose. I know, it's only been 2 days, give it some time! But we really have been lucky so far.
This morning, she ate a jar of peaches and some glue-like porridge (nasty). She's a goood eater, that's for sure. I don't think they exposed her to "real" food in the orphanage because everything we've tried to give her with texture she takes a while to warm up to. She does love the Gerber puffs (who doesn't)! Poor child has acid reflux, just like ALL of my boys so evertime she burps, she spits up! And that nasty porridge and other foods don't smell so nice coming back up. Good think I brought water proof bibs!
After lunch we put her down for a nap and she is still sleeping, despite the jack hammering going on upstairs. We layed her down and left the room and came in the kitchen. She sang for about 10 minutes and put herself to sleep! Have I mentioned how blessed we are yet? Really! I know, I know, it's only the 2nd day!
I'm attaching a few pictures of her last night when we sat her on the potty (they say she is potty trained...W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R!!!! Some other cute pics I took of her around the apartment this morning are pretty cute too. I'm having trouble with the hair, though. I put velcro on all the bows and even tried the baby rubber bands too. Her hair is so baby fine and her long bangs are trying to grow out on top of her short bangs. They really butchered her hair. Can't wait to take her to Tracey!!!
We leave Kranoyarsk tomorrow at 8 pm to fly to Moscow for a few days where we have to take her to Embassy. We're a little worried because basically, we'll be flying during her bedtime and when we get there it will be 9 pm, because of the time change...should be interesting!
Pray for us again tonight. I know we can't get this lucky the 2nd night in a row. Those prayers are really working. God has been so good! Oh, happy day!!!!

Reading People magazine, of course! Outside the orphanage, Baby home #5
Her main caretaker! Poor baby's dressed for a storm. We were told to bring her clothes like this!

1 comment: