Our journey to bring our Russian princess home

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 5

PTL that M was in a good mood today! She was happy and wild and playful and interactive, just what we needed. Not that we need reassurance or anything that this is what we are supposed to do, we ARE doing it! But her being so darn adorable doesn't hurt!

Serge and Yelena, and Elena (our translator) all drove to the orphanage this afternoon. The plan was to meet with the doctor first so we could ask some questions and she could give us the latest updates, medically, on M. However, she was with another family so we were able to get into the playroom and wait for them to bring us M. I was so nervous because of her crying yesterday when we took her. That didn't happen today. You could tell she remembered us! She lit up! Especially when she saw Scott! I think this girl likes her daddy...a lot!
She has a bit of a cold so her nose was a little goopy and you could hear the congestion when she breathed! I wanted to grab her away, give he some saline nose spray, some benadryl and a humidifier! In due time, though!

During our two hours with her we were allowed to feed her snack again. Well, us feeding her isn't how that went down. This girl is so self sufficient it's almost sad. Scott went to break the cookie in half (it was a big cookie) and they told us no, she could eat it by herself...and she did!! Durng that time she also figured out how to flirt, with food inside her mouth and spray it all over my jeans! Cute, real cute, Scott! The translator in the room was correcting her, which I thought was amusing, seeing as how we were the ones encouraging it! It really was too cute! Now when she gets home, that might not fly! Then she decides to "play" with her teacup full of milk! Once again, all over my jeans. It's ok though, she was having a great time! So our translator thought it'd be best to take the last cookie away since she wasn't "behaving properly". Funny, again!

I brought some 12 month clothes and 18 month clothes to try on her to see what sizes of clothes I should bring back. I wasn't sure if that was allowed, but our translator acted like, she was OUR property and we could look her over head to toe if we wanted. Well, ok then! Take off the clothes and OH. MY. Pinkness...she is so cute!!! Soft white pinkish skin,like a baby's bottom! She thought it was "getting dressed" time and helped me. This is when i found out that she basically dresses and undresses herself. We were told they take their own clothes off every night and place them on a chair. I sort of let her take the reins a little bit and low and behold, she dresses herself better than my boys do! She stuck each leg into the leggings, helped pull the shirt over her head and helped pull up her pants. For a moment I thought it was so cute, and then it hit me that she has missed out on so much of her "babyhood" that I began to feel so sad for her. All those rockings, and diaper changing songs, sippy cups and babyforks-she never had! It's almost like she had to grow up at age 1.

Thankfully, we can baby her all we want in just a few short weeks. I know many doctors will frown upon this, but i fully intend to put back on the diaper, give her sippy cups, a pacifier, lovie, sing diaper changing songs to her, feed her myself and probably much more! I don't care she can do all these things for herself! I am a mother, and it's my JOB to do for her what she can't do...or shouldn't be able to do, right? There, I'm off my soap box.

So tomorrow is court! Our appointment is at 11:00 am (that's 10:00pm Austin time). So if you are awake during that time, please say an extra prayer for us, especially Scott since he will be doing most of the talking. Next time I make and entry, we will officially be a family of 6 (assuming the judge says, dah! )!!

Night, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment